05 Apr Awakening Somatic Intelligence
Functional Anatomy applied to yoga poses (80 CEUs) Online format
“Awakening Somatic Intelligence” is our self-paced virtual training module focused on Functional Applied Anatomy, Art of Vinyasa Instruction and Somatics. If you are already a registered yoga teacher (RYT), you will be eligible for 80 continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance upon the competition of this training. This online course is part of Bhakti Prema Yoga’s 300hrs Teacher Training program. Each module can be taken independently as a 80 CEUs course with Yoga Alliance, or all together for a 300hrs advanced teacher training course.
The course will be launched on May 10, 2021 – you can organize your styling time deepening on your needs. 3 online live session with Ameriga are also included!
- 18 online sessions
- Guided pranayama practice
- Intermediate to advanced vinyasa flow, sequenced with a peak pose in mind
- 80 Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance upon completion (for RYTs only)
- Possibility to attend other modules in order to complete 300-hours teacher training in 3 years
- Online sessions will be over Zoom
- 3 online live session with Ameriga
The focus of this online self-paced teacher training module is on Functional Applied Anatomy, Art of Vinyasa Instruction and Somatics. Students will understand the bio-mechanics involved in yoga poses and how to access a somatic experience through the postural practice. In this module we will also discuss how to guide our students into embodied experiences through our verbal guidance.
Most people come to yoga completely unaware of how deeply dis-embodied they are. Embodiment is the ability to get out of the prison of the thinking mind and instead experience the present moment through the feelings and sensations of the body.
Our societies have taught us to numb ourselves from bodily awareness and take permanent residency outside of the body and into the limited estate of our mind. Owing to that, we constantly analyze and dissect information, and when something happens to us, we go directly to the mind to make sense of it, usually having little awareness of how the body feels. Yoga practice brings us back into the present moment by working with embodiment.
Ameriga will teach the tenets of somatics and how to go beyond the body-mind split and reconnect with every moment as it is experienced by the body.
The online version of this module covers:
- In-depth study of the musculoskeletal system. In this course we cover anatomy and skeletal variations for the following joints: hips, shoulders, and spine
- Skeletal variations and how they apply to families of asanas and yoga poses. Understanding the difference between compression and tension.
- Guiding a class: verbal cues and somatic experiences.
- Teaching asanas as an embodied form of spirituality: leading a vinyasa class as a somatic movement practice.
- Asana Labs: in-depth study of postures, that address their functions, and hence ways to modify, prop use and kramas by level.
- Practice teachings classes which will focus on refining one’s cues and direction of the class without demonstrating the poses.
Participation to the 3 live classes is a great opportunity of review the arguments.
This course will be taught by Ameriga Giannone.
Price for this course is 590 euro
Super early bird price from March 28 until April 4: 490 euro
Second early bird price: 550 euro from April 5 to April 30
Write us to get an info package about the course!
Request information for this course
Fill the form below: we’ll contact you back to answer your questions.